Saturday, July 26, 2008

Going back to the club after 2 months

Tonight is the night.
I'm going back to the club.

The timing is sorta strange, semi-inconvenient but nonetheless - it's here.

My stage name has been Natalia for years. But, beginning tonight, as I start my BEGINNING OF THE END of the life - I will change my name to Vivian. It just sorta came to me.

After touring, living on a bus with 12 people, traveling from city to city, and getting paid (for once) more than dancing - I wonder how much I will be able to re-transition back into that mindset of dancing semi-naked around a pole, talking to strangers as if I really give a crap about their pretentious attitude and their stories of exaggerated self-importance.

I pray that I will see the opportunity to connect with the human being inside of such a savage place. I know I'll be okay. I'm just gettin ready ...

-C

1 comment:

{D} said...

Chica, stay strong. You can make it through. I know you are not ready to go back & do not want to go back. Maybe your new chapter is starting - sieze it...Believe in yourself & go for what you want!
YOU DESERVE IT! & YOU WILL FIND IT!
xoxo