Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sweet Lover Hiding ...

I was sorta free-flowing thinking about someone ... the hours after coming home from the club are the worse times. It is when the loneliness really teases you and you just wanna put all the noise to bed. It's almost like you're being made fun of. Listening to recycled radio ... trying to avoid all the drunks on the road ... it is the things you haven't dealt with that buoy up to the surface.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


So I was digging and digging through layers of dirt, then layers of mud, into a permafrost deep into my skin and i found something i've been hidin'.

and it's a tiny bit of a grain of truth holding fast, buried with my ever innocent youth, and i hear it like a tire's silver rim, spinning - falling, echoing -- again and again --
--- somewhere out in that dark night.

and silence is pumping in my eardrum.
Cause I'm left with it, where did you go? I need you to tell me where to put it ...

i used to put it on my lower lip, that's where my truth was perched.
it dove downward into your gravity, i'm what you found in your unknowing search.

i spread it on my hands, where you vulnerably came and fed
in your black and white existence --- I gave you RED.

I used to put it on my body, deep where your dark secrets hid.
this place of sanctuary - the one you quietly coveted.

my heart was better off not ever knowing ---- that it could ever be that good.
coulda woulda shoulda thought better of it
cuz you ran as far and as fast as you could

you see, i knew this would happen all along,
even then i could only imagine ...
i knew those sweet moments would haunt me later
and mock my heart and nostalgic passion

and so i've been ....
... digging through layers of dirt, and layers of mud, into a permafrost in my skin and i found something i've
... been hidin'.

my restless longing for all that is wrong for me
and you
...... my sweet lover hiding.

(download song:) Cut and paste into browser address line. Hit enter. It should download.


http://homepage.mac.com/lotus32/filechute/Distractions.zip

1 comment:

{D} said...

Hey girl- need to check that out! Some deep sh*t! WOW! Very neat.